Senior ServiceNow Developer
The focus of this role is to drive continuous improvement to our internal and external customer facing service desk platform. This is a pivotal role in the business as your primary concern is the software applications that support our services business and related commercial operations.
Senior ServiceNow Developer
Head of Platform Development
- Analyse requirements for system enhancements, communicating effectively with users to ensure all requirements are fully understood and considered
- Design and develop both new and existing, enhancements, features, and modules for ServiceNow
- Develop and maintain solutions for system enhancement requests, following appropriate software development SDLC lifecycle/waterfall process.
- Customise and integrate third-party extensions and APIs to extend the capabilities of ServiceNow such as payment gateways, shipping providers, and ERP systems, this will involve using the in-built customisation tools within our chosen application set
- Ensure that all code is clean, maintained, scalable to the highest practices
- Thoroughly test developed solutions, ensuring various scenarios are considered and
- necessary testing results are documented
- Implement solutions for system enhancements and follow-up with users regarding use and success
- Provide insight and changes to the foundation ServiceNow platform
- Optimise the performance of ServiceNow platform when it is lacking and ensure that the modifications are scalable and reliable
- Stay up-to-date with the latest ServiceNow releases and perform version upgrades as needed
- Regularly maintain and enhance existing codebase to ensure continued compatibility and functionality
- Create technical documentation for projects, including system architecture, coding standards, and module guides
- Provide technical support and guidance to team members and stakeholders when required
- Conduct code reviews and ensure that coding standards are followed
- Mentor, advise and be an escalation point to other members of the team where necessary
- Assist other team members with support cases and system administration duties
- Perform Ad-hoc administrative tasks as directed by Line Manager
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties as required, which are deemed necessary to assist with the needs of the company
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in developing and customising ServiceNow
- Strong and proficient understanding of ServiceNow architecture and development practices
- Knowledge and responsibility of the Core Modules of ServiceNow (Change Management/ Incident / Problem / CMDB / ITSM / CSM / ITOM / HAM / SAM )
- Advanced experience with ServiceNow implementations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) (essential)
- ITSM Professional Suite Certification (essential)
- Certified Implementation Specialist (essential)
- CSM Professional Certification (essential)
- Strong knowledge of ITIL or foundation qualification(desirable)
- Hardware Asset Management (CIS-HAM) (desirable)
- Customer Service Management (CIS-CSM) (desirable)
- Application Developer Core Skills Micro-Certification Suite (desirable)
In any role at Total, we would hope that your values align to those of our business. We expect colleagues to conduct themselves with complete professionalism at all times and are receptive to change. Self-motivated, you will have a hunger to succeed. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build strong relationships. Your energy, enthusiasm, and positive mental attitude will motivate and inspire others. You are confident, but courteous and value honesty and integrity. Combined with a conscientious work ethic and selfless attitude, you use these traits to positively influence others. With an eye for detail and a flexible approach, you will be confident in using your own initiative to help drive the business.
The following attributes are specific to this role:
- Logical and analytical approach
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Capable of managing own time and workload
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines whilst balancing competing priorities
- Team-working and collaboration
Want to Find out more about the role?
Start by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or completing this form.
Any personal data herein are processed in accordance with UK data protection legislation. All feasible security measures are in place – the internet is not 100% secure medium. Further details are available on this website and/or from Total.
From encouraging career progression, to measuring satisfaction and engagement, we empower all our employees.
Whether you have been working here at Total Computers since day dot, years, or months, our motivating environment and culture encourages progression and promotes opportunity for all.