Senior Support Engineer
The Senior Support Engineer plays a crucial role in our Managed Services team, serving as a valuable asset in supporting customer environments. This role entails resolving escalated issues, leading the development of custom environments, and successfully delivering project works.
Senior Support Engineer
Technical Services Manager
- Support multiple customers ranging from both Public and Private sectors.
- Support, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Microsoft software such as Windows, Active
Directory, and SQL solutions.
- Support, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of VMWare, HyperV and similar virtualisation
- Support, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Cloud based solutions.
- Support, Maintenance and Troubleshooting Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop solutions.
- Support, define and implement secure configurations across a wide range of platforms.
- Measure and troubleshoot systems performance and security.
- Manage and deliver low impact project work that is linked to Managed Service customers where skills and knowledge are aligned.
- Creation of operational support documentation such as ‘Statement of Work’, ‘Health Check’,
Knowledgebase and similar customer and internal facing documents.
- Take the technical lead for a subset of customers with an eye to be the SME for their service.
- Be the technical resource on customer projects
- Participate on-call rota as required.
- Act as a mentor to the 1st and 2nd line teams to assist with growing and evolving the team.
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties as required, which are deemed necessary to assist with the
needs of the company.
Skills & Experience
- Familiarisation of Storage Area Networks and Fabric technologies.
- Familiarisation of Network technologies (Routing, Switching and Firewalls).
- Experience in other cloud infrastructure.
- Good understanding of principles of ITIL Framework and Project Management.
- Experience of reviewing platforms for security best practices.
- Experience using Nessus and similar tooling for vulnerability reviews.
One of the following certifications are mandatory for the role:
- Citrix Certified Professional for Virtualisation;
- AZ 104 / AZ305 / AZ500 / MCITP or equivalent.
The following certifications are desirable:
- Citrix Certified Associate for Networking
- Microsoft Azure Certification above AZ900
- VMware Certified Professional for Data Centre Virtualisation
- Security Focused Certification
- ITIL Foundation
In any role at Total, we would hope that your values align to those of our business. We expect colleagues to conduct themselves with complete professionalism at all times and are receptive to change. Self-motivated, you will have a hunger to succeed. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build strong relationships. Your energy, enthusiasm, and positive mental attitude will motivate and inspire others. You are confident, but courteous and value honesty and integrity. Combined with a conscientious work ethic and selfless attitude, you use these traits to positively influence others. With an eye for detail and a flexible approach, you will be confident in using your own initiative to help drive the business.
The following attributes are specific to this role:
- Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative at all times and an ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution.
- Strong business acumen with both the ability to think strategically and execute rapidly.
Want to Find out more about the role?
Start by contacting email@example.com or completing this form.
Any personal data herein are processed in accordance with UK data protection legislation. All feasible security measures are in place – the internet is not 100% secure medium. Further details are available on this website and/or from Total.
From encouraging career progression, to measuring satisfaction and engagement, we empower all our employees.
Whether you have been working here at Total Computers since day dot, years, or months, our motivating environment and culture encourages progression and promotes opportunity for all.