Following on from ‘Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices - part 1’ this course provides entry-level network administrators, network support and help desk technicians with the knowledge and skills needed to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise network.
Part 2 focuses on understanding redundant topologies, troubleshooting common networking issues, configuring EIGRP and multiarea OSPF in both IPv4 and IPv6, understanding WAN technologies and becoming familiar with device management and Cisco licensing.
Who’s it for?
The course is intended for individuals seeking the CCNA Routing and Switching certification and for those involved in the installation and support of enterprise branch office networks.
After attending this course a delegate should be able to:
- operate a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking and spanning tree
- troubleshoot IP connectivity
- configure and troubleshoot EIGRP in an IPv4 environment and configure EIGRP for IPv6
- configure and troubleshoot OSPF in an IPv4 environment and configure OSPF for IPv6
- define characteristics, functions and components of a WAN
- describe SNMP, syslog and NetFlow
- manage Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images and licenses.
Prior to attending this course delegates should have attended Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices - part 1 and/or have a sound understanding of network fundamentals and be able to deploy local area networks, implement internet, WAN and basic Ipv6 connectivity and manage network device security.
Implementing scalable medium-sized networks
- Troubleshooting VLAN connectivity
- Building redundant switched topologies
- Improving redundant switched topologies with EtherChannel
- Understanding Layer 3 redundancy
Troubleshooting basic connectivity
- Troubleshooting IPv4 network connectivity
- Troubleshooting IPv6 network connectivity
Implementing an EIGRP-based solution
- Implementing EIGRP
- Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Implementing EIGRP for IPv6
Implementing a scalable, multi-area network, OSPF-based solution
- OSPF overview
- Multi-area OSPF IPv4 implementation
- Troubleshooting multi-area OSPF
- Examining OSPFv3
- Understanding WAN technologies
- Configuring serial encapsulation
- Establishing a WAN connection using frame relay
- Introducing VPN solutions
- Configuring GRE tunnels
Network device management
- Configuring network devices to support network management protocols
- Managing Cisco devices
- Lab S-1: Review
- Lab 1-1: Troubleshooting VLANs and trunks
- Lab 1-2: Optimising STP
- Lab 1-3: Configuring EtherChannel
- Lab 2-1: Troubleshooting IP connectivity
- Lab 3-1: Implementing EIGRP
- Lab 3-2: Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Lab 3-3: Implementing EIGRP for IPv6
- Lab 4-1: Configuring multi-area OSPF
- Lab 4-2: Troubleshooting multi-area OSPF
- Lab 4-3: Configuring OSPF for IPv6
- Lab 5-1: Configuring and troubleshooting a serial connection
- Lab 5-2: Establishing a frame relay WAN
- Lab 5-3: Establishing a GRE tunnel
- Lab 6-1: SNMP and Syslog basic configuration
- Lab 6-2: Analysing NetFlow data
- Lab 6-3: Managing Cisco devices and licensing
- Lab S-2: ICND2 Superlab
This course will prepare delegates for the certification examination for:
- 200-101 – ICND2: Introduction to Cisco Network Devices Part 2 or
- 200-120 - CCNA, a composite exam consisting of both ICND1 & ICND2 (and award of CCNA Routing and Switching).
To obtain course venues/dates and pricing please email your account manager, submit the enquiry form below or call us on 0845 647 0000*.