This statement outlines how Total Computer Networks Ltd considers its economic, social, and environmental impact in its business operations. By demonstrating our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, we aim to align our business values, purpose, and strategy with the needs of our clients while embedding responsible and ethical principles into everything we do.
This statement covers various aspects of our commitment to the environment, our interactions with clients, suppliers, and the local community, with the goal of reducing our energy consumption, procurement, transport, water usage, and other business activities to minimise our carbon footprint and sub-contractors and the general public. The Company will seek to protect and enhance the environment and create better lives, well-being and opportunities through the services it provides within the community.
Protecting the environment in which we live and operate is an integral part of Total Computer Networks Ltd.’s values and principles, and we consider it sound business practice. Caring for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an essential aspect of our business operations. This statement should also be read in conjunction with our Professional Code of Conduct. In this policy statement, we commit our company to:
The nature of our consultancy work means that we do not inherently have a high environmental impact, but we will consider environmental issues in the professional services we provide and strive to minimise our environmental impact to an absolute minimum.
The Directors will ensure that the Company reduces its environmental impact by:
- Reducing transportation requirements wherever possible and utilising public transport and facilities like web-ex and conference call services.
- Using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked for their emission levels while maximising fuel efficiency.
- Sourcing and buying locally to reduce fuel costs when possible.
- Ensuring that all lights and equipment are turned off when not in use.
- Using water efficiently
- Using scrap paper for drafts and notes
- Printing in mono and double-sided whenever possible
- Recycling all waste, including shredding all business documentation
- Sourcing recycled materials when possible
- Collaborating with like-minded suppliers who take steps to minimize their environmental impact
- Ensuring secure disposal and recycling when possible
The Directors will also ensure that our involvement with the local community includes:
Collaborating with and supporting local and national charities. Encouraging volunteer work in community activities. Supporting local schools and sponsorships. Providing voluntary business advisory services through professional bodies.
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly, and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and business documentation is clear, informative, legal, decent, honest, and truthful.
- Being open and honest about our products and services, including our commitment to social responsibility.
- Avoiding pressure selling techniques.
- Acknowledging and addressing issues if something goes wrong.
- Listening to our clients to improve the products and services we offer.
- Benchmarking and evaluating our practices to enhance our competitive edge in the marketplace.
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly, and fairly with suppliers by:
- Using local suppliers whenever possible.
- Implementing robust supply chain monitoring and management systems.
- Striving to make timely payments without adversely affecting their business.
The operational and ultimate responsibility for upholding our corporate social responsibility principles lies with the Directors of Total Computer Networks Ltd. Every employee of Total Computer Networks Ltd is expected to cooperate fully with these principles in their work activities. Consultants and visitors are also expected to adhere to our environmental principles.
The effectiveness of this Policy Statement will be monitored and reviewed at least annually by the Directors to ensure the Company's ongoing compliance with relevant legislation and to meet new business requirements. Any necessary changes will be communicated to employees.
Chief Executive Officer